Life of a newbie Game Developer

Nov
Very busy week
Posted by Sorian at 10:29 PM

I got a flat tire on the way in to work today, so I had to spend my lunch break getting it fixed. While I was waiting on that I had written a nice long blog entry on my iPhone, but couldn’t get it posted. Oh well. Things have been so hectic this week that this little tire problem was the first significant downtime I have had all week. I have put in 44 hours so far this week and the milestone draws ever closer.

Patch 1.2 for Demigod was released today, finally. I hope those of you who have access to the new Demigods are enjoying them. Demon Assassin is still my favorite. There is just something about Warp Area. Some people have said that Torch Bearer’s ability to attack while moving in Fire form is not fixed. I will be talking with Brian (someone who knows quite a bit more about the animation system than I do) tomorrow about this issue. Code-wise, TB should work fine, but I have a feeling there is something in the animation that is not allowing him to move. If this is the case than only a new animation will fix it and that will be up to Stardock.

I have been truly enjoying my work on the Supreme Commander 2 AI. It is quite different being on this side of things. I have the ability to all debug tools into the game that allow me to see exactly what the AI is doing at any time. I can see where its expansion bases are, what the status of them is, and where it wants to expand to next. It makes altering the AIs behavior a lot easier.

I have been working on a lot more of the core AI stuff than I think anyone had anticipated. Originally I was supposed to basically be the one who blanaced out the AI and worked more on the data driven side of things. Lately my work has been more on the core side of things. I have been programming things like how the AI decides where to expand, how it reacts to intel, and how it controls it platoons. This has given Dru a lot more time to do other cool stuff for the AI.

All in all I am still loving my job. Maybe I should ask for a raise :slight_smile:

11月
非常忙碌的一周
由索里安张贴在下午10时29分

我找到工作,今天在路上爆胎,所以我必须陪午休尽力修复。当我在等待,我写了一个很好的长在我的iPhone博客条目,但无法获得该公司公布。哦好。事情已经相当紧张,本周,这家轮胎问题的第一个重大的停机时间,我曾一周。我已提出了44小时,本周迄今的里程碑提请日益密切。

1.2半神的修补程序今日公布,最后。我希望你们谁能够获得新的半神正享受着他们。恶魔刺客仍然是我最喜欢的。只是有一些经区。有人说,火炬手的攻击能力,而在消防形式提出不固定。我将讨论与布莱恩(人谁知道相当多的关于动画系统比我)明天这个问题。代码明智的,结核病很好的工作,但我有一种感觉,但在动画不是让他移动的东西。如果这是不是只是一个全新的动画将修复它的案件,将会达到Stardock公司。

我一直在我的真正享有最高指挥官2人工智能工作。这是很不同的是对这个事情的一面。我已经进入游戏的能力,所有调试工具,使我看到正是认可机构在任何时候做。我可以看到它的扩展基地,他们什么地位,以及它要扩大到明年。它使改变认可的行为容易得多。

我一直努力在更多的核心人工智能的东西比我想任何人的预期。本来我也应该基本上是一个谁blanaced了AI和带动更多的工作,事方的数据。最近我的工作一直在核心的东西方便多了。我一直在想如何编程的东西认可机构决定在扩大,如何作出反应,英特尔,以及如何控制它排。这给突厥有更多的时间来为认可其他很酷的玩意儿。

总而言之,我还是爱我的工作。也许我应该要求加薪:)