从官网转的How to get XTA/BA players to play non-TA mods

The question is, how do you get people who are now playing ba, aa, xta, llta, funta, all the other tas to play a non-ta mod like nanoblobs, gundam, ee, swta, etc.

i have seen many people on this forum complaining about the fact that this does not happen, that ta-style players tend to stick to ta based mods. smoth in particular likes to complain about this.

well, i have the answer. how do you get ta players to play non-ta mods?

YOU CAN’T! STOP TRYING!

why? it’s pretty obvious. most people came for for the ta, and they get the ta. they like ta. they like the units, the feeling, the graphics. they like the solars, the mexes, the flashes and the peewees. i am one of those people.

i played ta when it came out, read about a 3d remake and came here for it. and i like it.

learning a new rts is hard. it takes hours and hours of playing to get into the balance of a game. it’s not something you do just for the hell of it, it takes serious effort. and there are tons of RTS games on the market. Company of Heroes looks interesting, Supreme Commander looks interesting, C&C3 looks interesting. i could start playing any of those. there is no real incentive to start playing a game just because it happens to share the engine with one i like!

so what can we do? are non-ta mods doomed to failure and obscurity? no!

ADVERTISE NON-TA MODS ELSEWHERE

you should not be trying to gain your playerbase from the existing spring community. you should not try to make less people play ba&speedmetal and more people play your mod. you should get foreign people to come in and play your game!

if you have a mod, make a website with a forum! make a manual, unit guide, faq, all that stuff. start advertising it in other gaming communities/rts boards. have autohosts running so someone is always hosting your game! make your own channel in TASclient where you make people go who are from your own community.

this way, you get players who are actually here for your mod, not for the ta. this makes all the difference. to reiterate my point:

IT’S MUCH HARDER TO GET SOMEONE WHO CAME HERE FOR THE TA TO PLAY YOUR MOD THAN IT IS TO GET SOMEONE WHO ISN’T HERE YET TO DO IT!

you should see this yourself. the same thing holds true for speedmetal players, btw. so many people talk about getting people to stop playing speedmetal and play something else. THAT IS STUPID! if people like speedmetal, they should play it. if you want more people playing your map of choice, then you need more new players!

gundam or star wars ta are perfect examples for how this could work. i’m sure there must be thousands of RTS playing gundam fans out there. get in contact with THEM to make gundam a bigger game, don’t try to get TA guys to change. There must be thousands of RTS playing star wars fans our there who have never heard of swta - the same applies here.

in the other thread, lots of people made the point that the large mods here are games in their own right.

IF YOU THINK THEY ARE GAMES NOT MODS, THEN TREAT THEM LIKE GAMES NOT MODS!

a game has its own website. its own advertising. its own tournaments, game guides, hint files, gamefaqs entries, forums, chatrooms, logos, …

you can’t expect other people to treat your mod like a game if you yourself treat it like a mod!

THE SPRING COMMUNITY IS A TA PLAYING COMMUNITY

and i’m not talking about the forum superstars here, but the people actually playing the game! they all play TA games! all the excellent players play TA mods! all the action is in TA!

i know some people don’t like this fact, and wish to change it. that’s not going to happen! the amount of people who exclusively play TA mods is probably over 95%. and i’m pretty sure there is not a single player who exclusively plays a non-ta mod. ACCEPT THIS FACT PLEASE!

well, so what if you make a mod, finish it so it’s playable, make a website, advertise it, and do all the stuff i suggested aboke, and still nobody plays it?

GUESS WHAT MAYBE YOUR MOD SUCKS!

if you can’t get people to play your FREE GAME, mabye it’s because THEY DON’T WANT TO!

to make myself clear: i haven’t played any non-ta mod to decide if they actually suck. and none of the non-ta mods that i know of have made an effort to advertize themselves outside of the community. so they might be really good, but nobody knows about them.

SO STOP COMPLAINING!

now to reiterate my points in a short manner:

b PEOPLE WHO CAME FOR THE TA WILL PROBABLY NOT PLAY YOUR NON-TA MOD![/b]

b THEREFORE YOU MUST FIND PLAYERS WHO DID NOT COME FOR THE TA! [/b]

b ALMOST ALL PLAYERS ALREADY HERE CAME FOR THE TA![/b]

b THEREFORE YOU MUST FIND NEW PLAYERS FOR YOUR MOD OUTSIDE OF THE THE SPRING COMMUNITY![/b]

b TO DO THIS YOU MUST ADVERTISE YOUR MOD AND PRESENT IT AS A FULL GAME!

() THIS TAKES EFFORT AND TIME!

() SO STOP COMPLAINING AND GET TO WORK![/b]

seriously!

i came here for the ta. i won’t play gundam. i won’t play ee. i won’t play swta. i won’t play 1944. i won’t play whatever the fuck else. THOSE MODS MAY BE THE GREATES THING SINCE SLICED BREAD BUT I WANT TO PLAY TA OK?

and before anyone brings up kernel panic: first of all, nobody plays it and i’m not complaining. second of all, it’s more like a funmap ala tower defense and takes like 10 minutes to learn and an hour to be good at, and thirdly, KDR made it, not me

anyway, back to being angry:

YOU VERMIN! THE CONSTANT COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE PLAYING THIS, NOT PLAYING THAT, THE “OH GOD SOMEONE KNOWS GUNDAM EXISTS!” POSTS, STUPID IDEAS ABOUT “NO SPEEDMETAL WEEK”, IT’S ALL JUST BULLSHIT! LOOK PAST MY ANGRY AND SEE FOR YOURSELF THAT WHAT I AM SAYING MAKES SENSE!

really. i hate complaining.

and i could have wrote this in a less angry manner, but so what.

咳咳…

闲人可以拿去打发时间…

GOOGLE翻译结果
[table][tr][td][/td][td]问题是,你怎么让人们谁现在玩广管局,机管局, xta , llta , funta ,所有其他教师评审制,以发挥非电讯局长按付款当日价格计算一样, nanoblobs ,高达,电子工程专辑, swta等。

我见过很多人对本论坛的抱怨,其实,这并不发生,即电讯管理局局长式的球员往往要坚持电讯管理局局长基于多器官功能障碍综合征。 smoth ,尤其是喜欢抱怨。

那么,我有答案。你怎么得到电讯局长的球员发挥非电讯管理局局长MODS的?

你不能!停止尝试!

为什么?它的很明显。大多数人都来为电讯管理局局长,以及他们获得电讯管理局局长。他们喜欢的电讯管理局局长。他们喜欢的单位,感觉,图形。他们喜欢solars ,梅克塞斯,闪烁和peewees 。我很之一那些人。

我打得电讯管理局局长时,我出来后,经过约一个三维重塑和来到这里。我喜欢它。

学习一门新的垃圾转运站是很难。它需要时间和小时玩涉足的平衡游戏。这不是你这样做只为地狱,这需要认真的努力。有吨的RTS游戏在市场上。公司的英雄,看起来有趣,最高指挥官看起来有趣, C及补体C3看起来有趣。我可以开始播放任何这些。有没有真正的激励,开始玩游戏只是因为它刚好分享引擎之一,我喜欢!

因此,我们能做些什么?非电讯管理局局长MODS的注定要失败的和默默无闻?否!

刊登广告的非电讯管理局局长MODS的其他地方

你不应该试图获取您的playerbase从现有的春季社区。你不应该试图使少人发挥广管局& speedmetal和更多的人发挥您按付款当日价格计算。你应该获取外来人来,在发挥您的游戏!

如果您有一个按付款当日价格计算,使一个网站与论坛!使一本手册,单位为指导,常见问题解答,所有的东西。开始刊登广告,这在其他游戏社区/废物转运站的议会。有autohosts运行,所以有人总是托管您的游戏!制作您自己的渠道在tasclient您,使人们去谁是从自己的社区。

这样,你得到的球员是谁,其实在这里为您按付款当日价格计算,而不是电讯管理局局长。这使得所有的差异。重申我的观点:

它的更加难以得到谁,有人来到这里,电讯管理局局长发挥您按付款当日价格计算,比的就是要有人,谁不是在这里,但这样做!

您应该可以看到这个自己。同样的事情如此speedmetal播放器,的BTW 。因此,很多人谈论如何让人们停止玩speedmetal和发挥另一回事。这是愚蠢的!如果人们想speedmetal ,他们应该发挥它。如果您想要更多的人发挥您的地图选择,那么你需要更多的新球员!

高达或星球大战电讯局长是完美的例子,如何这可能是工作。我敢肯定,必须有数以千计的垃圾转运站发挥高达歌迷有。获得在与他们接触,使高达更大的游戏,不要试图获得电讯管理局局长家伙改变。必须有数以千计的垃圾转运站玩星球大战球迷,我们有谁从未听过swta -同样适用于这里。

在其他线程,有很多人提出的一点,就是大MODS的这里是游戏在他们自己的权利。

如果你认为他们是游戏,不是多器官功能障碍综合征,然后对待他们一样,游戏并不多器官功能障碍综合征!

游戏有其自己的网站上。其自己的广告。自己的比赛,游戏指南,提示文件, gamefaqs作品,论坛,聊天室,标志, …

你不能指望其他人来处理您按付款当日价格计算就像一个游戏,如果你把它像一个按付款当日价格计算!

春季社会是一个公平的社会,电讯局长

我不是在谈论论坛的超级巨星,在这里,但人其实玩游戏!他们都发挥电讯局长的游戏!所有优秀球员发挥电讯管理局局长MODS的!所有的行动是在电讯管理局局长!

我知道有些人不喜欢这个事实,并希望去改变它。这是不会发生的!数额的人谁完全发挥,电讯局长MODS的可能是95 %以上。我相当肯定不存在一个单一的播放器谁完全发挥了非电讯局长按付款当日价格计算。接受这个事实,请!

很好,所以如果你作出按付款当日价格计算,完成所以的播放,使一个网站,刊登广告,并且做的所有的东西,我建议阿博克,仍然没有人扮演呢?

猜是什么,也许您按付款当日价格计算sucks为!

如果你不能让人们发挥您的免费游戏, mabye那是因为他们不想!

让自己清楚:我没有发挥任何非电讯局长按付款当日价格计算,以决定是否其实他们吸吮。没有非MODS的电讯局长认为,据我所知,已作出努力advertize本身以外的社会。因此,他们可能会真的很好,但没有人知道他们。

因此,停止抱怨!

现在要重申我的论点,在短短的方式:

( )人,谁来抓,电讯局长将可能无法发挥您的非电讯局长按付款当日价格计算!

( )因此,你必须找到球员谁不来,为电讯局长!

( )几乎所有的球员已经来到这里为电讯管理局局长!

( )因此,你必须找到新的球员为您按付款当日价格计算以外的春季社区!

( )为此,您必须宣传您的MOD和目前它作为一个全面的游戏!

( )这需要精力和时间!

( ) ,所以停止抱怨和去工作!

认真!

我来这里为电讯管理局局长。我不会再打球了高达。我不会再打球了电子工程专辑。我不会再打球了swta 。我不会再打球了44年。我不会再打球了,无论他妈的别人。这些MODS的可能是greates的事,因为切片面包,但我想发挥电讯管理局局长确定?

之前,任何人都带来了内核的恐慌:首先,没有人扮演它和我没有抱怨。第二,它的更象funmap助理法律顾问塔防御,并采取一样, 10分钟,学习和1小时要善于和第三, KDR的了,不是我

无论如何,回到生气:

您害虫!不断抱怨的人玩这个,不是在玩, “哦上帝,有人知道高达的存在! ”职位,愚蠢的想法“没有speedmetal周” ,它的所有正义布尔什特!看看过去我的愤怒,看看自己,我这样说是有道理的!

真正地。我不想抱怨。

和我可以写,这在一个少愤怒的方式,但什么。
[/td][/tr][/table]
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ba=broadcast administration=广管局…
aa=??? administration=机管局…

BA
BA
=Bachelor of Agriculture 农学士

Ba
symb 〈化〉钡 (barium)

ba