supcom是1.0的话,这是2.0的视角,我说,这才是缩放

When Supreme Commander 1 first came out, even the before it was released, the mention of zooming out, completely out, was revolutionary. It even looked cool.

But once your playing or see recordings of other people playing, you mostly see people zoomed out majority of games. Looking at the strategic zoom zoomed out, units moving back and forth looks like ping pong game from the atari days. Chris Taylor did build Supcom with pretty graphics, but once you go in stragetic zoom, way out, you loose the action, the cannons firing, the smoke, units dieing… you lose the detail in the units.

It would be better to see a strategic zoom 2.0 with all the unit detail, the smoke, cannons firing, etc… except as you zoom out, instead of seeing icons to replace units, just make units a little smaller as zooming out.

Or you can increase the scale of the units by doing some changes on the video preferences, so as your zooming out the unit will not get smaller it well sort of maintain it’s size instead of getting smaller. This video at gametrailers gave me this idea. It starts at :39 seconds and ends at 1:10 minute mark. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ceo-walkthrough-elemental-war/702538

I forgot where I found this pic, but the original size was 5600 x 4988, i had to resize it because it was 8mb! I don’t know how they made a whole TA map screen, maybe by +makeposter all across the map then they pieced it together?

Anyhow… here is a pic what a strategic zoom 2.0 should look like zoomed completely out.

And of course supcom strategic zoom 1.0 comparison.

Which do you prefer, supcom strategic zoom 1.0 or strategic zoom 2.0 TA pic as reference and gametrailers video?

啊?是缩放功能么?

话说,ta里ftw那图和这里supcom的地图是什么关系

我不认为还有什么2.0的视角,原文作者似乎没用过Google Earth?把5.1亿平方公里的地球表面显示在一台19寸的屏幕上,只能是和SPC完全一样的缩放。观察位置较高时,行人、车辆完全是个点,类型根本看不出来,不用图标还能用什么表示?

作者的意思就是在缩放时不想看到图标,在视角抬高时,所有建筑、单位、爆炸、交火等级场景细节皆收眼底。这是很理想化的,CT设计SPCOM时也想这么做,可是一定是遇到技术障碍,想兼顾游戏性和流畅性,只好屈服于折中的做法。

[

不单单是这个流畅性问题。。。实际上放远了如果还一个个那样显示。。。对屏幕分辨率要求就太高了。。。
而且这种情况下人眼处理信息量就大幅增加,人会觉得非常疲劳。

这种视角完全就是看电影用的。要是这样做的话,估计缩放功能都会做成像蹦极往下跳那样撞地面的镜头移动方式。得说很爽,我也喜欢这样,哈哈。

回复 6# honeyfox

总体分辨率一定是不会变化的,会变化的是细节的分辨率,拉远后比如原本10X10的单位,可能变成1X1的大小,如果技术上可以实现就最好。我是不会经常去来回拉视角的,如果玩就会固定在一个视角上玩,看录像这么看可以统观全局,应用在中小型地图上还是很不错的。

5600 x 4988
TA可以支持这个分辨率,。只要你的显示器够大。而且开到这个分辨率对帧数印象好像还没什么影响,见过老外用两台显示器连起来玩TA的,

我不会用啊

呵呵,我的是笔记本