THQ客服回复信,关于3603补丁

18 Jun, 2011
I did receive a response to the Community Letter I submitted back in May. It follows as…

Dear Jonathan,

My name is Colin Thompson; I manage the Customer Support team for THQ North America. I was forwarded your letter from May 2011, and after conducting a little research on my side, wanted to reach out and hopefully address your concerns .

First, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to serve as a voice for the Supreme Commander/ Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance community. While THQ regularly receives feedback regarding current, past, and future titles, your letter particularly stands out (in my 5 years with THQ) due to its attention, clarity and specificity. I’m also aware the letter was the sum of the input of several other Supreme Commander community members (yes, we read the message boards, too!), so I’d like to pass on my appreciation to your fellow SupCom fans.

On to business - Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, and your request that the unofficial patch 3603 be certified by THQ for distribution. Like I said, this took a little research, as many of the QA personnel who worked on Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance have moved on to new positions, or new companies.

It’s my understanding that the licensing agreement between THQ and Gas Powered Games ended in late 2008. When that relationship ended, the ability for THQ as the publisher to provide quality assurance testing for any further patches also expired. However, in my discussions with current THQ QA staff, they recollected that some measure of testing was done on patch 3603, as a favor to Gas Powered Games. But because the relationship had ended, a sanctioned patch by the publisher would not be possible. I believe this was conducted in the late spring of 2009.

Since that determination was made, no further quality assurance testing was performed on Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. There are no current or pending plans to resume this testing, ostensibly leaving patch 3603 in its unsupported, unofficial beta state.

Is this largely a legal issue? I’m not an attorney, but my guess is yes.
When a license to produce a game ends, so do obligations to provide further material testing. The issue is probably also financial in nature, as the resources required to staff a development and quality assurance team to fully test and certify a patch for a several-years-old game would be operationally and financially prohibitive - and the argument could be made that THQ is fully engaged in producing new products tied to new IPs or existing licenses.
So, going back a paragraph, the short answer again is, there are no current or pending plans to produce an official patch 3603 for Supreme Commander:
Forged Alliance. I am not aware of any information that would suggest it’s a future possibility.

As an industry professional, I doubt this would surprise anyone who’s ever worked for a videogame publisher. I’m sure this has happened many times before, and simply - it is what it is. The licensing agreements, the legal aspects, the contracts, the resource allocations, ROI - at some point a project reaches the end of its viability.

As a fellow gamer, would I like to see a patch produced for a great game
like Forged Alliance? Of course. But again, even we gamers have to dabble
in reality, and at some point have to accept things as they are. Licenses end, resources are allocated to new projects, and the game industry churns ahead with the latest and greatest.

Lastly, despite the lack of any future patch plans, my Customer Support team will continue to support the official versions of Supreme Commander & Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Forget your GPG password? Contact my team. Having a problem installing or reinstalling the game? Contact my team. Game disc scratched/eaten/lost? You guessed it, contact my team at http://support.thq.com, and we can still probably provide a replacement (as long as supplies hold out).

Again, thanks for taking the time to write. I would have liked to have responded sooner, but I wanted as complete a picture as possible on the history of the THQ/GPG relationship before responding with something coherent.

Respectfully,

Colin Thompson
Supervisor, Customer Support
THQ

无责任电脑翻译
我没有收到一个响应我在5月提交的社区信。以下为…

亲爱的乔纳森,

我的名字是科林汤普森,我管理THQ北美的客户支持团队。我转你的信,从2011年5月后进行的研究很少在我身边,想伸出手,希望能解决您的问题。

首先,我想感谢你抽出时间来作为最高指挥官/最高指挥官的声音:锻造联盟社区。虽然THQ的定期收到反馈意见的过去,现在,和未来的游戏,您的信件格外引人瞩目(与THQ在我5年),由于其注意的事项,明确性和特殊性。我也知道信是其他几个最高指挥官社区成员(是的,我们读的留言板,太!)投入的总和,所以我想通过我很欣赏你的同胞SupCom球迷。

在业务 - “最高指挥官:锻造联盟,和你的要求,非官方的补丁3603由THQ的认证,分配。正如我所说,这花了一点研究,许多QA人员的最高指挥官和锻造联盟工作已经转移到新的岗位,或新的公司。

这是我的理解,THQ和Gas Powered Games公司之间的许可协议在2008年年底结束。当这种关系的结束,为THQ的出版商提供任何进一步的修补程序的质量保证测试的能力也已过期。然而,在与目前THQ QA人员的讨论,他们回忆了一定的检测手段,于3603补丁,作为Gas Powered Games公司的青睐。但因为关系已经结束,一个由出版商认可的补丁不会成为可能。我相信这是在2009年春末进行。

由于这一决心,没有进一步的质量保证测试执行上的最高指挥官:锻造联盟。有没有当前或未决的恢复测试计划,在其不支持的,非官方的beta状态,表面上留下的补丁3603。

这在很大程度上是一个法律问题?我不是律师,但我的猜测是肯定的。
许可证生产游戏结束时,这样做的义务,提供进一步的材料测试。这个问题可能是财务性质,所需的资源,以员工的发展和质量保证团队全面测试并证明了一个补丁几年的老游戏将业务和财务望而却步 - 可以和参数, THQ的充分参与,生产新产品与新的IP地址或现有牌照。
因此,回到一个段落,再次简短的回答是,有没有当前或未决的计划生产最高指挥官3603官方补丁:
锻造联盟。我不知道任何资料,足以表明这是一个未来的可能性。

作为一个行业的专业人士,我怀疑这会惊喜不断为视频游戏发行商工作的任何人。我敢肯定,这已经发生很多次,并简单 - 这是它是什么。的许可协议,在法律方面,合同,资源分配,投资回报 - 在一些项目达到其可行性。

同样作为一个玩家,我会希望看到一场伟大的比赛产生了补丁
像锻造联盟?当然。但同样,即使我们玩家涉足
在现实中,在某些时候,因为他们接受的事物。许可证年底,资源分配给新的项目,和游戏产业的最新和最伟大搅动未来。

最后,尽管缺乏任何未来的补丁计划,我的客户支持团队将继续支持的最高指挥官最高指挥官的官方版本:锻造联盟。忘记你的GPG密码?我的团队联系。有一个问题,安装或重新安装游戏?我的团队联系。游戏光盘划伤/吃/丢失?你猜对了,联系我的球队在http://support.thq.com,我们仍然可以大概提供更换(只要用品举行)。

再次,感谢您抽出时间来写。我本来有回应越早,但我希望尽可能完整的东西连贯的回应之前,THQ / GPG关系史上的一个图片。

商祺!

科林汤普森
监事,客户支持
THQ

没有新补丁太没诚意了

前来看看,路过
新手来报个到!