国王与城堡第20段开发日志视频

http://www.3dmgame.com/news/201006/17309.html

估计很多人都看过了,其实亮点在于这个编辑的无知。

来自RTS新作《国王与城堡》的一段开发日志视频,这段视频的编号是20,天知道他们开发游戏的过程中推出了多少视频。视频的前半部分还是上次我们看到过的蛋疼男(泰勒内牛满面)絮絮叨叨地讲解,而后半部分又给出了一些游戏画面,我们可以看到在游戏中的战斗场景是大量杂兵捉对厮杀,不知道这样的战斗场景玩家应该如何去控制,总不至于一个兵一个兵去点击吧。

顶~蛋疼男!

不急,3DM编辑会一个个点的……

CT继续蛋疼中~ XD

不急不急

CT废话真多,不过后面的巨象、雕像真给力

地图很大。废话

支持一下,提高下知名度

好个亮点:6_269:

话说这游戏什么时候发售?

看来完成度还不是很高,估计要一段时间吧……

开发日志视频到了33了,有E3预告片了。看起来貌似就两族的样子。

游戏暂定5个种族,暂定2012年发售

The Answers accompanied with the question that was asked. Chris Taylor’s Answers are in Yellow. My Questions are in white.
1.How many faction will Kings and Castles feature? The last video blog showed at least 5 on a concept.
《国王与城堡》将会有多少个种族或派别?最近的视频博客中显示最少有5个的样子。
We haven’t made the final decision yet, but we are leaning towards 5… so good observation!
我们还未做决定,但我们倾向于5个…好强的观察力!

2.Will there be units named after prominent community members?
会有用社区优秀成员命名的单位吗?
hahaha… good idea! We should at least use community for the AI opponents!
哈哈哈…好主意!我们至少应该用社区成员的名字来命名AI对手。

3.There are no plans currently for any further SupCom sequels or full expansions." Confirm or deny?
目前没有《最高指挥官》的续作或完整资料片的计划。确定还是否定?
Are you asking about the original SupCom?
你是说原版的《最高指挥官》?
Yes and supcom 2
是的,还有《最高2》
If so, there are none planned, however, I can’t answer the question yes or no when asking for SupCom 2.
这样的话,没有计划,但是,我不能回答《最高2》有没有。

4.Will KnC be most similar to FA or to SupCom2?
《国王与城堡》会最像《钢铁同盟》还是《最高2》?
Similarity… we are making the game big in scope and scale like SupCom 1… But bringing some of our favorite ideas across from SC2 and Demigod. So it’s a real mix of the ideas that we think
are cool. But the big maps, big armies, are central to the design. In fact, in this weeks blog, I want to show an army of 300+ in motion.
Interesting indeed, an eye opener in the next blog 2
大小和比例会像《最高1》…但是会带有《最高2》和《半神》中受欢迎的东西。所以它是混合了我们认为很酷的东西。但是大地图,大军队是最中心的设计。事实上,在这个星期的视频博客中我想展示300以上的军队的运动。

5.Can you elaborate more on plans regarding an integrated modding/mapping tool for KnC?
你能详细的说明一下关于《国王与城堡》的MOD和地图工具吗?
Sure! Our goal is to give the community the tools to make maps… and this was not trivial for several reasons.
当然!我们的目标是给大家做地图的工具…这不是不重要的由于一些原因。
First, the way the mesh is created as a giant continuous piece of geometry. And second, the lighting model we used. So, first we need to create an editor that allows the construction from many different
pieces. You saw some of that in the blogs a few months back. Then we had to create our own proprietary lighting model. We are not able to release a licensed piece of technology intot he public. So, we had
some hurdles, but we have worked through them! But in the end, you will get the same exact tools that we are using every day… which is the only way to go in my opinion!
第一,用巨大的连续几何块创建网络的方法,第二是我们使用的光照模型。(译注:网络指的应该是地图的网格)所以,首先我们需要做一个编辑器来允许用不同的块来建造。这你在几个月前的博客中已经看到了。然后我们需要创造我们持有技术专利版权的光照模型。我们不能向公众发布那些有许可证的技术。(译注:意思是《最高指挥官2》用的光照模型技术专利版权属于别人所以他们无法提供相关的工具给玩家)。所以我们需要越过一些难关,但是我们已经越过它们了!但是在最后,你会得到我们每天正在使用的工具…我认为这是唯一可行的方式。
Did that answer the question, or do you have other questions regarding the map creation tools?
这样算回答问题了吗,或者你还有其它关于地图制作工具的问题吗?
That answered it to what was asked yes + more detail.
是的,还要更多的详细信息。
oh good!

6.Is it planned to have organic units behave/look/move in a more lifelike manner than seen in the past Video Blogs?
有计划做一些除了过去视频博客里看到的以外展示单位的行为举止/外观/移动等更加生动的样式吗?
Yes, absolutely the goal… most of the units are pretty rough, or gray boxed, and even though I say that a lot, I know it’s…
hard to accept that those are temporary. We are trying to be practical about the preproduction process. But that has some pitfalls because folks make a harsh judgement on temp art.
是的,有这个目标…大部分的单位是非常粗糙的的,或者只是一些灰色的盒子(译注:指游戏开发过程中用一些灰色的正方体暂时代替未做好的模型),即使我说很多,但是我知道这是…很难去接受那些临时演员的。我们尝试去实际地这是在实验性开发阶段,但是会有一些意想不到的困难,因为人们对于这些临时的美术会有不好的判断。
But I was very passionate about showing the development process in its raw form and not a sugar coated version. So far, that has been a rougher ride than I thought it would be, but I think people are starting to understand development now… it’s not pretty!
Personaly it has opened the eye to what goes on behind that seens.
yes, we really want folks to know what goes on, and how many hours and hours it takes to make a simple thing… or what appears to be simple in the end result.
I think mod and map makers know a bit of this.
但是我是非常热情的想用未经打磨的开发的过程来展示,而不是经过糖衣包装的版本。到现在,它还是比我想象之中还粗糙的,但是我认为人们现在开始明白游戏开发是怎样的了,他不是很漂亮的。
但是它让大家开了眼界知道游戏背后的东西。
是的,我们非常想人们明白它将如何发展,还有需要多少个小时才能做出一个简单的东西…或者什么会在最后会变得简单。
我想MOD和地图制作者知道了一点。

7.Is it part of your design philosophy in K&C to reduce the need for starcraft 2 style macro management of resources and build queues?" I ask this because many players of that game argue that it is
part of the skill at playing the game simply to be good at the macro, while others like myself view it as a painful waste of my time and brain power.
你有打算减少《星际2》那种对资源和建造序列的宏观管理吗?我问是因为有很多那个游戏的玩家在争论,擅长宏观管理的认为那是玩游戏的一种技术,而其它的人则认为那只是痛苦地浪费时间和脑力。(翻译注:星际2的宏观管理是指通过玩家的手动控制能够增加采矿速度之类)
That’s a good question… hmmm, let me see. Well, I like the macro, as a starting place, philisophically. The trouble is, we get a lot of push towards the micro. The most popular RTS games in
the business today are micro. It makes it hard to simply ignore those players and what they like. However, our goal here is to find a way to introduce a little micro but not completely at the expense of the macro game. In other words, you can bring your own playstyle into the formula to shape the way the game plays. So, we have introduced the Talent Tree for the king, and the use of items. But we haven’t applied that across the whole game. If during playtesting we find it sucks, we’ll pull it out. I think it’s fair to say that it has some more micro, but less tedious other things, like upgrading mass extractors, for example. We need to make a distinction between tedious gameplay and micro. They are not the same! And I know that sometimes it’s easy to confuse the two.
这是个好问题…嗯,让我看看,我喜欢宏观(翻译注:这个宏观应该不是星际2那种宏观),就像一个开始的地方,philisophically(不会翻译这个)。
问题是,我们收到很多倾向于微观的要求。目前行业中最受欢迎的RTS游戏都是微观的(翻译注:应该是指魔兽3和星际2)。我们很难不理睬那些玩家的爱好。然而我们打算找到一个方法引入微观而不是完全地占据一个宏观游戏。换句话说,你可以带着你的玩法进入这个游戏并最终形成这个游戏的其中一种玩法。所以我们加入了国王和才能树,还可以使用物品。但我们不会让这些东西贯彻整个游戏。如果游戏过程中我们发现它不适合,我们会去掉它。我公正的说它加入了较多的微观而少了些冗长乏味的东西,例如升级物质开采器。我们需要区别冗长乏味的游戏和微观,它们是不一样的!但我知道它们很容易被混淆。

Chris to try to put that in to context Would it be more or less microed then supreme commander 1?
克里斯尝试根据上下文给出结论,那是会比《最高指挥官1》多了微观还是少了?
I think it’s fair to say that it would have MORE micro, but hopefully not so much it would lose that big macro gameplay. It sort of comes down to how often the player has to open up a tree and apply points of some kind.
我认为,公正地说是会有更多微观,但是不会多到失去大的宏观的游戏方式。视乎玩家有多频繁地打开树状图分配点数。

8.Will K&C have flow or pay up front eco?
《国王与城堡》将会使用流动式还是预付式经济?
Accomplishing both goals. We are experimenting with something that, believe it or not, is right between the two… and it’s surprisingly good at… For example, you can place all the structures you want, regardless of available resources. You can queue up as many units as you want. But each time a unit, whether mobile or structure goes to be built, it deducts the resources. But factories won’t pause. that’s a key difference. the unpausing was a pain in the butt. We have a good solution for that. But like everything else we are taking a much different approach to this, and will much more thoroughly test it before making a final decision.
So its like fa when queuing but supcom 2 when its been built?
Yes, I think you have it right. The best part of the original economy, was the ability to just design your base and lay out all your plans, and work ahead of the game doing planning.
要做到两者兼具。我们正在做实验(译注:好像是正在用最高指挥官2做实验),信不信由你,在两者之间是对的…而它令人惊奇地不错,例如你可以放下所有你想放的建筑,不管够不够钱,你可以安排你想要的数量的单位,但每次单位或建筑开始建造就扣钱。但是工厂是不会暂停的。这是一个关键的区别。不能暂停对资源需求大的单位是个隐患。我们有一个好的解决方法。但是像每一样其它达到这种程度事情一样,我们在说一个非常不一样的东西,这个东西需要更加彻底的测试直到做出最终的决定。

9.Will the Supcom 2 DLC be free, or paid. If paid, will it be more or less than $10.
最高指挥官2的DLC免费的还是要钱的?会不会超过10 美元?
I can’t talk about the SC2 DLC, those announcements are made from the publisher.
我不能谈论SC2的DLC,那种声明是要发行商来做的。
ok
Thanks for understanding that!

10.Will the FA lobbies continue for the next 3-5 years at least, or will all support for FA disappear?
《钢铁同盟》的游戏大厅会继续运作3~5年吗?对《钢铁同盟》的支持会否消失?
That’s a good question! We will support it as long as we can, and I think it’s fair to say that if the game continues to sell, then there will cotninue to be support… but sadly, this is also a decision that is not made entirely by me, it is THQ who ultimately makes those kinds of decisions. If it were up to me, I would of course support it until there was nobody using it.
这是个好问题!我们会支持到不能支持为止。公正地说,如果游戏还在销售,支持就会继续…但遗憾地说,这不是完全是我说了算的,THQ才是做最终决定的人。如果是我的话,我会支持到没有人使用它。(译注:THQ是《最高指挥官1》的总发行商以及版权与许可证持有方。)
If the server does go down is it possible for a 3rd Party company to buy it and keep it running?
如果服务器关闭了会有第三方公司购买来保持运行吗?
I suppose anything is possible, but this is only a question that can be answered by the publisher who has the license.
我推想任何事都是可能的,但是这个问题只能由持有许可证的发行商来回答。
And it looks like I need to run to my lunch meeting… but let’s do this again soon!
Thanks to everyone for joining today, I can’t tell you enough how much I appreciate the support!!

《国王与城堡》已知信息
关于游戏,目前仅有的讯息:
1.国王是个有技能树的英雄类单位,可以使用物品
2.可毁坏的桥梁
3.帝国时代风格的科技树
4.有中立生物
5.配乐是Jeremy Soule
6.这次大概不准备发布其它平台的版本,未确定
7.会提供mod支持,未确定具体支持方式
8.有多种游戏模式,未确定具体
9.游戏是传统的RTS模式,基地可以升3级,需要建造不同种类的工厂,有空军工厂,总体来说和《最高指挥官2》差不多。
10.确定会提供地图制作工具给玩家
11.种族数量大概是5个。会不会跟王国风云很像呢?
12.目前还没有确定发行商,有流言指是任天堂,但发售日期好像是在2012年,从这样看来,GPG可能有比较充足的资金,看来SPC2赚了不少,但亦可能暗示着明年要先出SPC2资料片。
13.经济系统会结合预付式和流动式,目前仍在SPC2中进行实验。资源有3种,食物,金钱、魔法。
14.桥梁如果被破坏,可以用巫师搭建,未知巫师所搭建桥梁是永久还是临时。巫师可以牺牲步兵得到魔法。
15.物理系统更加真实,桥梁被破坏上面的单位将掉下来,被弹飞的单位掉到地面将撞开地面的单位。
16.有碰撞力度的概念,骑兵可以撞开步兵,但不会撞死,巨大野猪则可以踩死或踢飞步兵。
17.城堡升级后体积变大,会把旁边的单位挤开,未知以后可能会修正这点。
18.给石像注入魔法可令其行动,魔法耗尽将停止。
19.飞龙可以降落到地面,但未确定能不能在地面攻击。邪恶方的龙可以吃步兵来升级。
20.多人联机时,先被击败的玩家可以操作盟友的单位。
21.游戏发售后将会陆续发布10~12个新国王(未知是否免费),这是否意味着一个种族有多个国王可以选择呢?
22.部队有多种阵型,而且变换迅速。

几个引起注意的:

1. 配乐是Jeremy Soule
  2. 会提供mod支持,未确定具体支持方式
  3. 确定会提供地图制作工具给玩家
  4. 多人联机时,先被击败的玩家可以操作盟友的单位。
  5. 部队有多种阵型,而且变换迅速。

2012发售。。。。还有两年啊,混蛋~