美国步兵手册
1、 You are not a superman.
你不是超人。(不要无谓的冒险、不要做傻事)
- If it’s stupid but works,it isn’t stupid.
如果一个蠢方法有效,那它就不是一个蠢方法。
3.Don’t look conspicuous - it draws fire. (This is why aircraft carriers are called “Bomb Magnets”.)
不要太显眼,因为那会引来对方火力攻击。(这就是航母被称为“炸弹磁铁”的原因。)
- Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
别和比你勇敢的战友躲在同一个散兵坑里。
- Never forget that the lowest bidder made your weapon.
别忘了你手上的武器是由最低价的承包商得标制造的。
- If your attack is going really well,it’s an ambush.
如果你的攻击进行得很顺利,那一定是你中了圈套。
- All five-second grenade fuses will burn down in three seconds.
所有五秒的手榴弹引线都会在三秒内烧完。
- Try to look unimportant because bad guys may be low on ammo.
尽量显得是一个无关紧要的人,因为敌人可能弹药不够了。(他会先打最重要的人)
- If you are forward of your position,the artillary will fall short.
每当你要攻击前进时,炮兵往往也快要用完了炮弹。
- The enemy diversion you are ignoring is the main attack.
那支你以为是敌军疑兵而不加注意的部队恰恰就是敌人的攻击主力。
- The important things are always simple.
重要的事总是简单的。
- The simple things are always hard.
简单的事总是难作到。
- The easy way is always mined.
好走的路总是已被敌军布上了地雷。
- If you are short of everything except enemy. You are in combat.
如果你除了敌人不缺,其它什么都缺,那你往往就要面临作战了。
- Incoming fire has the right of way.
飞来的子弹有优先通行权。
- If the enemy is in range, SO ARE YOU!!!
如果敌人正在你的射程内,别忘了你也在他的射程内。
- No combat ready unit has ever passed inspections.
从没有一支完成战备的单位能通过校阅。
- Things that must be together to work usually can’t be shipped together.
必须要装配在一起才能发挥效力的武器装备通常不会一起运来。
- Radio’s will fail as soon as you need fire support desperately.
无线电通讯会有可能在你急需火力支援时失灵。
- Anything you do can get you shot - including doing nothing.
你作的任何事都可能挨枪子儿 – 包括你什么都不做。
- Tracers work both ways.
曳光弹可以帮你找到敌踪;但也会让敌人找到你。
- The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
唯一比敌人火力还精确的是友军打过来的炮火。(误射)
- Make it tough for the enemy to get in and you can’t get out.
当你(愤)守严密到敌人攻不进来时,那往往你自己也打出不去。
- If you take more than your fair share of objectives, you will have more than your fair share of objectives to take.
如果你多报战功,那下次你会被给予超过你能力的目标让你去打。(自讨苦吃)
- When both sides are convinced that they are about to lose, they are both right.
当两军都觉得自己快输时,那他们可能都是对的。
- Professional soldiers are predictable but the world is full of amateurs.
专业士兵的行为是你能预测的,可惜战场上业余的士兵占多数,因此敌人的行为大部分是你所无法预测的。